Ms. Savithri Lakshmanan (L.Savithri) is India's Ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic since 15th March 2017.
Her previous assignments include:
- Director representing India at the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Secretariat, Kathmandu. Her responsibilities in the Secretariat include Trade, Finance and Economic matters relating to regional cooperation among SAARC member states. [November 2013 to November 2016]
- Director in the Public Diplomacy Division of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Her responsibilities included managing Ministry’s outreach beyond Government and Media and this involved academic, student and youth exchanges, think-tank interactions, hosting delegations of senior professionals and parliamentarians, supporting seminars and conferences, etc. [July 2011 to November 2013]
- Served in Indian Embassies in Kathmandu[1997-2000] and Seoul [2005-2007]besides a three year stint in Consulate General of India in Chicago.
- In the Ministry of External Affairs HQ, she has handled desks relating to Nepal [200-2001], Bhutan[2001-2005], Central Asia[2007-2011] and the United States[2011-2013].
- Prior to her assignment in Bishkek, she was Director in the Overseas Indian Affairs Division of the Ministry of External Affairs.
L.Savithri is a post graduate in Physics from University of Delhi. She also holds a Diploma in Diplomatic Studies from Oxford University, UK.